When you hear about spiritual abilities, you may be confused about what they are. In this article, we will take a brief look at what the primary skills are, and a quick introduction into each. We will go into each of them in more detail in other articles and link them in each section here.
Everyone has spiritual abilities, but I can guarantee that more people have them and don’t know, than people who actively practice them. Everyone can learn and develop them, though, if they choose. However, as with learning anything, it takes time, practice, and effort. Think of picking up a musical instrument for the very first time. You may be able to make a noise with it; however, you are unlikely to get straight into a concert.
What Are Spiritual Abilities?
Spiritual abilities are any ability that involves your spiritual body. There are many of them that you can learn about, some of which you have probably heard about, and others that you may not have. However, learning about each of them is a great way to find what you like, what you don’t, and what fits your own beliefs.
The first thing that I would like to point out about these spiritual abilities is that not all will sit right with everyone. Make sure that you read through this article, and the accompanying posts, before deciding on the strengths you are drawn to. You may well have skills that you want to work on, in which case, you can jump straight to that ability. However, not everyone who has an ability intends to focus on that, and you may want to try something different. That is fine, too.
Spirituality, and the gifts that go with it, are all personal choices. Never feel like you need to follow a path that you don’t want to.
The primary spiritual abilities are the Clairs; however, there are more than just that.
The Psychic Clairs
We have already touched on the Clairs in the article the meaning of divination. However, this is a little more of an extended guide about what they are and how they work, and later we will look deeper into the individual gifts.
The word Clair translates into the word clear. Therefore, all of the senses in this article are about clear-something. For example, seeing, hearing, smelling, etc. The primary gifts or abilities of all psychics fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Clairvoyance (clear vision). – Someone who is clairvoyant can see something in the mind’s eye or the third eye. However, the levels of perception are different for everyone. These visions can be of the past, present, or future.
- Clairaudience (clear hearing). – Sometimes we hear things that relate to another person, place, or situation. That is usually in the form of our own inner voice.
- Clairsentience (clear feeling). – Clairsentience is feeling things. That can come in the form of touch from spirits or feelings that they give to you.
- Clairalience (clear smelling). – Have you ever smelt something that there is no natural source for? For example, smelling the perfume or aftershave that a passed loved one wore is clairalience.
- Claircognizance (clear knowing). – Random thoughts of things that are true is claircognizance—for example, spontaneous knowledge of any fact that you had no way of knowing.
- Clairgustance (clear taste). – Similar to clairalience, however, instead of smelling something, you may get the taste of food or drink related to your loved ones. Perhaps their favorite food, or cake, if they were a baker, etc.
All people have some level of ability in one or more of the Clairs. Some people know it, other people do not. Furthermore, some people have different levels of multiple senses. The only way to know for sure is to find out yourself.
How Do The Clairs Work?
Everything is energy, and all energy has a vibrational frequency. Think of energy a little like radio waves. Most of the energy that we find around us is in the form of tangible things such as objects, people, sounds, etc. They have a specific frequency band, which is <109 Hz. While it is not of great importance to remember that number in spirituality, the theory of vibration is hugely important.
For example, anything that you cannot see (other than light) has a frequency higher than 109 Hz. The higher the frequency, the more difficult it becomes to see. Have you ever walked into a room and felt heavy? That is because the spiritual energy in the room is low. Conversely, when you walk into a room and instantly feel happy, the frequency is high. Most people can feel that effect, but that’s not a given, if you are someone that can, you know you have an ability, no matter how small, to tune into different frequencies of energy.
Everything spiritual has a much higher frequency than the average person can perceive. While the ranges differ for different Clairs, the idea is all the same. Your body and soul act like antennas for those frequencies, and you pick them up without consciously trying to. That is why you will find some people who can tune in to some wavelengths, while others have great difficulty.
There is no scientific range for the frequencies, as they are all much higher than those that humans can actively measure. However, before you think that one of the Clairs is better than the others, it’s worth noting. People instantly think that seeing something (Clairvoyance) is better than the others. However, if you are working with a client, only telling them what a loved one looks like is not always that fulfilling for the client. Being able o give them a feeling or a message usually has a much better reception.
Other Spiritual Abilities
Other than the Clairs, there are a few more spiritual gifts that you may or may not have heard about. In this section, we will have a quick look through what they are. However, with this article, we are only aiming to give you a brief introduction to them. Everyone has their own views on whether these all work or not. However, they are all abilities that people in the past have claimed. As with everything in spirituality, only take what resonates with you.
The only way that you will have your own idea of if they work or not is to try them.
- Apportation. – Apportation is the ability to make a material object appear, disappear, or move location through teleportation.
- Astral Projection. – Astral projection is a colossal subject revolving around the voluntary removal of your astral body from your physical body.
- Divination. – Divination is the use of tools to gain insight into people and situations.
- Energy Healing. – Energy healing is using universal energy to give healing to people, animals, and plants. Some people are natural healers, while others can have attunements.
- Psychic Surgery. – Psychic surgery is an in-depth form of energy healing to remove deep-seated and stuck energetic traumas.
- Psychometry. – Psychometry is the ability to gain information about people, places, or situations via specific objects.
- Remote Viewing. – Remote viewing is the ability to see distant targets with no other means but your third eye.
- Retrocognition. – Retrocognition is the ability to gain accurate information about past events without any other means.
- Psychokinesis. – Psychokinesis is the famous ability to manipulate an object with your mind.
- Telepathy. – Telepathy is, in essence, mind reading.
- Precognition. – Precognition is the opposite of retrocognition. Therefore, you can gain accurate information about the future.
- Mediumship. – Mediumship is the ability to communicate with people in the spiritual realm. There are many different forms of mediumship.
- Psychography. – Psychography is channeling spiritual energy to draw or write things without conscious input.
- Dowsing. – Dowsing is the ability to find water with the use of dowsing rods. Not to be confused with pendulum dowsing, which is a form of divination.
- Empathic gifts. – Empathy is the conscious act of putting yourself in someone else’s position to see how they feel. However, being an empath gift allows you to feel physical or emotional pain before you know the situation.
How Do The Other Spiritual Abilities Work?
The majority of all of the other spiritual abilities or gifts work via one or more of the Clairs. It is not as simple as saying gift-A uses Clair-B. The reason for that is everyone is different. As a quick example, psychometry is a prevalent ability to want or try. However, if you talk to ten people with that ability, you will find that they all give you different answers about what they receive. Some people will hold the item and give you the name of a smell (Clairalience), others may give you a description of an image (Clairvoyance), others may tell you something they hear (Clairaudience), etc.
Many people have more than one gift and ability, while others only know about one. As I said earlier in the article, that doesn’t mean that you have to stick with that one ability. Always try to expand your knowledge and capabilities, and keep them in line with your own views, journey, and interests.
How To Increase Your Spiritual Abilities
Increasing your spiritual abilities depends on what it is that you want to do and what you can already. However, the best way to improve your skills is by practicing them as often as you can. Intuition plays a huge part in it, too. You have to believe what you get from spirit. It does not always make sense, but more often than not, you will come to figure out what the messages meant later down the line.
Therefore, whenever you are starting a spiritual journey, it is a good idea to keep a journal of your thoughts, feelings, meditations, etc. That way, you can look back at them whenever you want, or if something happens that you think you may have had a message about previously.
Again though, we will give you more specific ways in which you can improve your abilities in the individual posts as we publish them.
This article was only a very brief look at the individual Clairs and what abilities they provide. However, there is so much more to know and learn. Remember, no single ability is better than another. Furthermore, not all people want to use the same ability. Never let other people influence you in choosing your own path. Pick what feels right for you, and never be afraid of dropping it if and when you think that your path has changed. However, NEVER stop practicing, especially if you want to gain or develop an ability.
There are far too many people who give up too early. It can take years to gain the experience, knowledge, and confidence to use the skills proficiently. We are always learning.