The white Himalayan salt lamp is a beautiful decorative piece for your home. As with all Himalayan salt lamps, it has magnificent healing properties and health benefits. Only white is far rarer than the red, pink, and orange lamps you can buy.
The Benefits Of White Himalayan Salt And Its History
There are varied beliefs on when the Himalayan salt mines formed; some suggest that it dates back to the time of the Earth’s creation, and other theories indicate that the tunnels developed around 200 million years ago. The possibility is that an ancient ocean that dried up created the Himalayan salt mines where the Himalayan mountains are today.
Geologists estimated it to be possibly around 800 million years ago. The salt mines were formed from a tectonic plate movement, thus trapping a shallow inland sea, which slowly evaporated, forming thick mineral-enriched sea salt deposits. They are now called the Himalayan salt range.
These mines are situated on the outer western edge of the range, of the Himalayan mountains, in Khewra in Pakistan. Some tunnels stretch two miles inwards to the mountain and harvest from six mines, all with a vast supply of salt crystals.
That is the only mine you can retrieve pure, 100% natural Himalayan salt!
Himalayan salt comes in different variations and strengths of color. The colors change with the amount of iron and other trace minerals such as Calcium, Chloride, Magnesium, Potassium, and Phosphorus, to name a few. 98% of the salt is Sodium Chloride, and the rest is the additional 84 trace minerals, which give the salt lamps their color. The color of the salt will differ depending on the number of trace minerals infused into it through the natural process. The stronger the color, the more of the certain trace elements the salt contains; for example, the higher the iron content, the deeper red the salt will be.
What Makes A White Himalayan salt lamp Different To The Average Red, Orange, Or Pink?
As mentioned, the percentage of iron and other minerals infused into the salt makes the difference. Hence, a lower iron percentage makes the salt result in a white or colorless crystal. That means it is purer and perfect for your health.
Salt Lamp Benefits
The benefits include some of these beautiful healing properties:
- They deodorize and purify the air and cleanse the room it is in at the time.
- Alleviates common cold symptoms and eases coughing.
- Lift your mood.
- Boost your energy levels and decreases lethargy.
- Calms allergies.
- It helps to open the airwaves and can be especially useful for asthma sufferers.
- It assists in raising your concentration levels.
- They boost blood flow.
- It creates a balance where electromagnetic radiation may occur.
- They promote relaxation.
- Reduce stress levels.
- Aids better quality of sleep.
There are many benefits to having or using a salt lamp, but why would we choose a white one over a red, pink, or orange?
Why Choose a White Himalayan salt lamp?
Due to the white Himalayan salt being harvested from the outer edge of the salt range, thus making them much rarer. This is because white Himalayan salt is much purer than any other color. The purity of this salt may mean you will notice the health benefits much quicker than with the pink lamps.
They don’t have any fewer health benefits because they have less color (which is what many people think, myself included before I knew about them). It’s the opposite, and the white salt benefits you by having far more purity to its energy.
Choosing The Right White Himalayan Salt Lamp
When looking into buying a new salt lamp, be sure to check out the authenticity of the item first.
Himalayan salt lamps can be relatively reasonably priced because they are more readily available. However, white ones will cost more because they are much rarer – if you find one for $15; I would certainly question the authenticity of this product or retailer.
You can buy some stunning large white salt lamps that make beautiful decorative pieces for your living space or workplace, but does the size really matter? The short answer is yes! The bigger, the better, in this case.
One of the things I’ve realized through my training in crystal healing is that, with most crystals and precious gems, the size of the crystal piece doesn’t matter; no matter the size, it has the same healing and metaphysical properties. Except, with a giant crystal, in most cases, it can charge a smaller piece of the same crystal placed on top of the larger piece.
However, with salt lamps, this is not the case. A large salt lamp will project more significant amounts of pure energy and more negative ions than a smaller white salt lamp or even a pink salt lamp. The negative ions that the lamps give off when heated from the bulbs neutralize the positive ions projected from electronic goods around the home or office, such as:
- Vacuum cleaners
- Mobile phones
- And more
These electronic devices can trigger or worsen conditions or allergies, stress, and cause trouble with sleep. So by neutralizing them, the positive and negative ions combine and assist in cleansing the air around you.
What Are Other Uses For Himalayan Salt?
White Himalayan salt crystals are the purest form of salt on the Earth, thus making it a perfect alternative mineral for using as part of your daily or weekly health and beauty needs. Some examples of how to use Himalayan salt crystals are:
- Use as a mouthwash to alleviate sore throats.
- Gargle as a saltwater mouthwash to achieve freshness to your breath.
- Combine with baking soda and use it as a polish for your teeth.
- Removing odors – it is brilliant to combine with lemon juice to combat strong cooking smells on your hands that are difficult to shift, such as garlic, onion, chili, cooking spices, and ingredients.
- Stings – when stung by a wasp or bumblebee, wash the area and immediately over the area with salt. That will reduce the swelling and alleviate the pain.
- Also good with bites such as flea or mosquito bites that can cause itching. – Soak the area in salt water, then apply a layer of vegetable oil over the bite.
- Relaxation – add a cup of Sea salt or Himalayan salt crystals to your bath and soak in them. Add relaxing scents according to your tastes. Some suitable oils are Lavender, Rosemary, Roman Chamomile, or Rose oil.
- Himalayan salt is also edible; you can use it in cooking, and it is safe to ingest.
Some people believe that when eating Himalayan salt crystals, the darker the salt color, the richer in minerals it is. Thus making it better quality. However, as we discovered earlier, this is not necessarily the case. It merely means that the darker the salt’s color, the richer in iron it is. It is not good to have excess amounts of iron in your diet.
Different color variations of Himalayan Salt
- Pink Himalayan Salt – Pink salt lamps or crystals are the most common and the most easily obtained. Being made up of both red and white deposits give it pink hues.
- Red Himalayan Salt – Red salt is natural enough to obtain but not quite as readily available as pink. The red salt has a stronger iron content, giving it its intense color.
- White Himalayan Salt Lamps – White Himalayan salt is the rarest and purest salt, with less iron content. That gives it a clean and fresh appearance and a beautiful bright glow.
- Black Himalayan Salt – The Black salt appears more of a greyish tone than black. It contains a substantial content of sulfur. Unlike white, Indian cooking will use family: black salt quite often, but it does have an initially strong taste.
I hope this helps. Blessings to you. Please Share this on your social media if you like it. 🙂